SALARY: Competitive, dependant on experience
HOURS: 09:00-17:15, Monday- Friday
- 33 days’ inclusive of bank and other public holidays
- 3% employer pension contribution on whole salary
- Life Assurance scheme at 3x annual salary
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous employee sickness allowance
- Client and employee referral schemes (up to £2000)
- 25% discount on some legal services
- Collaborative and inclusive work culture
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP/Cash Plan) offering access to face-to-face counselling, 24/7 telephone and video GP consultations, digital physiotherapy, discounted gym memberships and cashback towards some of your day-to-day healthcare, travel and shopping costs
- Social committee and events
An exciting opportunity has become available for a confident and capable individual to join our team and assist with the day-to-day running of a dynamic Residential Property Department working from our Gainsborough office.
This exciting, fast paced role is suited to someone with excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills and is a great opportunity for those looking to progress their legal career.
The role will include a variety of Residential Property matters, including:
- liaising with various stakeholders of the Firm, including clients, banks, building societies and estate agents
- completing SDLT forms
- opening client files using the Firm’s case management system
- carrying out registrations and post completion duties
- scheduling of deeds and archiving files
- sending quotes and taking instructions from clients
- preparing and dealing with completions, including document prep, accounts, letters, SDLTS and invoices
The ideal candidate will have:
- relevant conveyancing experience
- excellent communication skills both, written and verbal
- high degree of IT literacy
- proven ability to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Here at Sills, we pride ourselves on not treating our clients or our staff as a number. Despite our size we still have a strong sense of community throughout the firm and across departments. We are one of the leading firms of solicitors in Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Nottingham, and Northampton providing a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses. With offices in 15 locations we require a variety of different people with a wide range of skill sets and backgrounds to add value our organisation and help us provide our award-winning services to our valued clients. We fully embrace diverse characteristics, experiences, and outlooks in the workplace and in the communities in which we practice.
You will be working alongside some of the region’s best lawyers, who combine technical knowledge of the law with first class client service. The Family Department has recently won the prestigious and fiercely competitive Children Law Team of the Year national award at the Lexis Nexis Family Law Awards. In addition, the Legal 500 (The World’s Leading Legal Directory) ranks Sills & Betteridge LLP as a Leading Firm and recognises many of our team in tiers one, two and three- our family team achieving the highest accolade of Top Tier Status- with several members of the firm as Leading Individuals, Recommended Lawyers, and Next General Partners. We have also been recognised by various organisations for our commitment to creating a great place to work- whether its our outstanding LEXCEL audits, our nominations for being an outstanding training contract provider by lawcareers.net, our award for promoting access to the legal profession by CILEX or our ‘One to Watch’ standing with the Top 200 Companies, UK.