SALARY: competitive, based on experience
HOURS: 09:00-17:15 Monday- Friday, with hybrid working opportunities available
- 38 days’ inclusive of bank and other public holidays
- 3% employer pension contribution on whole salary
- Life Assurance scheme at 3x annual salary
- Continuous training and development opportunities for those seeking progression within the firm
- Generous employee sickness allowance of 6 weeks
- Client and employee referral schemes (up to £2000)
- 25% discount on some legal services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP/Cash Plan) offering cashback towards your healthcare bills, 24/7 video and telephone GP appointments and discounted memberships at over 3,000 gyms, studios, and health clubs across the UK
- Social committee and events
Are you an experienced Commercial Litigation Solicitor/ Legal Executive looking to join an established and well- regarded team with a wealth of expertise across all aspects of commercial and personal disputes? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join any of our offices within Lincoln, Nottingham, Boston, Gainsborough or Sleaford.
The department values teamwork, supports progression, and the successful candidate will benefit from working closely with several experienced fee earners within the department and across the firm’s other practice areas. The successful candidate will be expected to deal with the full remit of commercial and civil litigation matters, including shareholder and partnership disputes, property disputes, cohabitation and neighbour disputes, contract disputes, professional negligence, IP disputes, contentious probate and debt recovery.
Your typical day-to-day duties may include:
- Taking on existing matters and managing and progressing own caseload
- Dealing with enquiries from potential clients, colleagues and existing clients promptly
- Assisting with the development of the department in the designated area
- Ensuring that SRA regulations regarding competency are consistently kept up to date.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of commercial property work
- Have a minimum of 4 years PQE, be self-motivated and able to organise their own workload
- Possess good management and supervisory skills
- Have a strong desire to market and develop their branch
- Have good time management skills and a flexible approach to work.
Here at Sills, we pride ourselves on not treating our clients or our staff as a number. Despite our size we still have a strong sense of community throughout the firm and across departments. We are one of the leading firms of solicitors in Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Nottingham, and Northampton providing a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses. With offices in 15 locations we require a variety of different people with a wide range of skill sets and backgrounds to add value our organisation and help us provide our award-winning services to our valued clients. We fully embrace diverse characteristics, experiences, and outlooks in the workplace and in the communities in which we practice.
You will be working alongside some of the region’s best lawyers, who combine technical knowledge of the law with first class client service. The Family Department has recently won the prestigious and fiercely competitive Children Law Team of the Year national award at the Lexis Nexis Family Law Awards. In addition, the Legal 500 (The World’s Leading Legal Directory) ranks Sills & Betteridge LLP as a Leading Firm and recognises many of our team in tiers one, two and three- our family team achieving the highest accolade of Top Tier Status- with several members of the firm as Leading Individuals, Recommended Lawyers, and Next General Partners. We have also been recognised by various organisations for our commitment to creating a great place to work- whether its our outstanding LEXCEL audits, our nominations for being an outstanding training contract provider by lawcareers.net, our award for promoting access to the legal profession by CILEX or our ‘One to Watch’ standing with the Top 200 Companies, UK.